History of the Fund 1915-1936

The assets of the fund increased from the starting capital of £50,000 to over £300,000 by 1936.

The Officer contribution rate was 2.5% until 1 January 1938 when it was increased to 3.5%.

The company made periodic contributions as recommended by the Fund’s actuary.

The Trustee’s minute book on 8 November 1921 records a Company donation of £10,000 and on 18 August 1922 another donation of £10,000.

The minute book on 30 October 1924 records a donation of £5,000.